lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From S Eslamian <seslam...@gmail.com>
Subject new feature in lucene3.6
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 09:45:03 GMT
Hello
I have a question about this new feature in lucene 3.6 :
" The QueryParser now interprets * as an open end for range queries.
Literal asterisks may be represented by quoting or escaping (i.e. \* or
"*") Custom QueryParser subclasses overriding getRangeQuery() will be
passed null for any open endpoint"

Does it mean if I have this : QueryParser queryParser = new QueryParser
(version,f,a);
                                        queryParser.parse("blu*");

QueryParser assumes it as a RangeQuery like this : [blu TO ]?!!!
Does it call getRangeQuery() method? or I'm making a mistake in the
concept  of this feature... .