lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Grouping problem
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 09:09:42 GMT
I've never come across this GroupingCollector stuff before so know
nothing about it apart from looking at the javadocs and may be talking
nonsense, but here goes anyway.

group by time span/web site: it appears that it will group by single
values, not ranges,  So should work fine by website.  Just replace
"author" in the example with "url" or whatever field you use.  What
exactly do you mean by time span?  If you've got that stored in a
field and want to group by single values I guess it would work.

performance problem under oceans of data?  Sure.  Fast enough for you
on your data? Who knows - try it and see.

Group based on all docs?  Don't see why not.  The example in the
javadocs uses a TermQuery.  Try a MatchAllDocsQuery instead.

--
Ian.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 齐保元 <qibaoyuan@126.com> wrote:
> Hi,there.I meet a problem to grouping the search result by time span and/or web site.Can
Lucene's FirstPassGroupingCollector and SecondPassGroupingCollector work.Is there search performance
problem under oceans of datas?  Is is possible to group based on all Docs not top DOcs?Thanks
guys/girls.