lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martijn v Groningen <martijn.v.gronin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Grouping problem
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 14:30:46 GMT
If the time span or website (I assume you mean domain name) is a field
in your index then you can use result grouping.
Result grouping has impact on your query time and if you have a lot of
data you need to divide your data across multiple
indices and use distributed result grouping.

Martijn

On 24 May 2012 11:09, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've never come across this GroupingCollector stuff before so know
> nothing about it apart from looking at the javadocs and may be talking
> nonsense, but here goes anyway.
>
> group by time span/web site: it appears that it will group by single
> values, not ranges,  So should work fine by website.  Just replace
> "author" in the example with "url" or whatever field you use.  What
> exactly do you mean by time span?  If you've got that stored in a
> field and want to group by single values I guess it would work.
>
> performance problem under oceans of data?  Sure.  Fast enough for you
> on your data? Who knows - try it and see.
>
> Group based on all docs?  Don't see why not.  The example in the
> javadocs uses a TermQuery.  Try a MatchAllDocsQuery instead.
>

> --
> Ian.
>

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 齐保元 <qibaoyuan@126.com> wrote:
>> Hi,there.I meet a problem to grouping the search result by time span and/or web site.Can
Lucene's FirstPassGroupingCollector and SecondPassGroupingCollector work.Is there search performance
problem under oceans of datas?  Is is possible to group based on all Docs not top DOcs?Thanks
guys/girls.

>> --

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn van Groningen