lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hill <p...@metajure.com>
Subject RE: Similarity coefficient for more exact matching
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 16:32:06 GMT
> [use] IndexWriterConfig.setSimilarity() and
> IndexSearcher.setSimilarity(), unless you are clever or like being confused.
>
> SweetSpotSimilarity might also be worth a look.
>
> --
> Ian.

Being even less clever,  I just make sure I set:

Similarity.setDefault(new MySimilarity())

when crawling and searching, so everything uses the same similarity strategies.

Checking the 3.4 code IndexWriterConfig and IndexSearcher, both default to Similarity.getDefault().

Any thoughts on scenarios where you'd not push a custom similarity into the default position?

-Paul