lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Kaser <lucene_l...@iconparc.de>
Subject ToParentBlockJoinQuery$BlockJoinWeight cannot explain match on parent document
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 11:20:14 GMT
Hello all,

I try to calculate score explanations for a query that contains a
ToParentBlockJoinQuery and get the following exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
org.apache.lucene.search.join.ToParentBlockJoinQuery$BlockJoinWeight
cannot explain match on parent document
at
org.apache.lucene.search.join.ToParentBlockJoinQuery$BlockJoinWeight.explain(ToParentBlockJoinQuery.java:222)

at
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$BooleanWeight.explain(BooleanQuery.java:236)

I can understand that the ToParentBlockJoinQuery cannot explain the
scores of this document's children, but would it be possible not to
throw an exception but to simply output the score this document got from
its children? This would allow me to analyze the score obtained from
other parts of the complete query, and if needed, I could still get an
explanation on the childquery itself with a specific child id.

Should I open an issue for this, or is it impossible to output any kind
of explanation (even a dummy explanation) in BlockJoinWeight?

Regards,
Christoph