lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: Approches/semantics for arbitrarily combining boolean and proximity search operators?
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 03:38:46 GMT
It sounds me as if there could be a market for a new kind of query that
would implement:

A w/5 (B and C)

in the way that people understand it to mean - the same A near both B
and C, not just any A.

Maybe it's too hard to implement using rewrites into existing SpanQueries?

In term of the PositionIterator work  - instead of A being within 5 in a
"minimum" distance sense, what we want is that its "maximum" distance to
all the terms in the other query (B and C) is 5.  I'm not sure if any
query in that branch covers this case though, either, but if I recall,
there was a way to implement extensions to it that were fairly natural.

-Mike