lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: surround parser match-all query
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 00:04:38 GMT
I think what I have in mind would be purely an artifact of the parser; a
term that would always be optimized away, either vanishing or gobbling
up the whole query.  So if you had  n(A,*), you would just get "A".  If
you had and(A, not(*)) (is that the surround syntax for not?) you would
get nothing, if you had * you would get all the documents.  Maybe this
could be done without having to actually generate a query internally,
but could happen during parsing.  It's kind of a weird case, but I am
trying to translate from one query language to another, and it would be
convenient to have this as an option.

-Mike