lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 齐保元 <qibaoy...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re: Many keywords problem
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 10:54:47 GMT
Thanks for you reply,firstly.           So many or query is to monitor the term.One scene is
that:if i want to know cities of a province and events that happens, I may instantiate the
query like "(California or NewYork or SanFransico.... or SomePlace) and (Pollution or Criminal
... or Alcohol)".So, the long query happens...I hope i have describe the question clearly.----------------
At 2012-05-08 18:44:13,"Li Li" <fancyerii@gmail.com> wrote:
>a disjunction (or) query of so many terms is indeed slow.
>can u describe your real problem? why you should the disjunction
>results of so many terms?
>

>On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM, qibaoyuan@126.com <qibaoyuan@126.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>       I met a problem about how to search many keywords  in about 5,000,000 documents.For
example the query may be like "(a1 or a2 or a3 ....a200) and (b1 or b2 or b3 or b4 ..... b400)",I
found it will take vey long time(40seconds) to get the the answer in only one field(Title
field),and JVM will throw OutMemory error in more fields(title field plus content field).Any
suggestions or good idea to solve this problem?thanks in advance.