lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zeynep P." <zp...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: pruning package- pruneAllPositions
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 14:52:36 GMT
Thanks for the link. I reviewed it.
Here are more details about the exception:

I used contrib/benchmark/conf/wikipedia.alg to index wikipedia dump with
MAddDocs: 200000. I wanted to index only a specific period of time so I
added an if statement in  doLogic of AddDocTask class.
I tried to prune the index by using pruning package (CarmelTopKPruning) and
I had the exception.

I added System.out.println(term);  as the first line of the
initPositionsTerm and System.out.println("***" + term); as the last line of
it. Carmel top k exception comes from pruneAllPositions (throw new
IOException("termPositions.doc > docs[docsPos].doc"); ).

For example, for token body:freely I had the output as follows:

body:freely
***body:freely
body:freely
***body:freely
body:freely
***body:freely
Carmel topk in exception (docs[docsPos].doc = 4414, termPositions.doc() =
4995)
Carmel topk in exception (docs[docsPos].doc = 4414, termPositions.doc() =
4996)
Carmel topk in exception (docs[docsPos].doc = 4414, termPositions.doc() =
4997) ..
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
body:freely
***body:freely
Carmel topk in exception
Carmel topk in exception
body:freely
***body:freely
body:freely
***body:freely

I hope that my problem is more clear now.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards
ZP