lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Taking backup of Lucene DB
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 11:02:59 GMT
Hello all,

We want to place our search db in SAN drive and want to replicate the data to another SAN.
We have a replication software to do this process.

My question is whether we could do that for search db? While indexing (for testing purpose),
i just copied the db files and dropped in another system. When i started my application in
another system, I could see my search database whiped out. Only write lock remains. The behaviour
is unpredictable.

I am not using SnapshotDeletionPolicy. Is that any other way to acheive this using SAN replicator?

Regards
Ganesh