lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DisjunctionMaxQuery and scoring
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:37:21 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see why I'm so confused, but I think I need to construct a simpler test case.
>
> My top-level BooleanQuery, which has disableCoord=false, has 22
> clauses. All but three are ordinary SHOULD TermQueries. the remainder
> are a spanNear and a nested BooleanQuery, and an empty PhraseQuery
> (that's a bug).
>
> However, at the end of the explain trace, I see:
>
> 0.45 = coord(9/20) I think that my nested Boolean, for which I've been
> flipping coord on and off to see what happens, is somehow not
> participating at all. So switching it's coord on and off has no
> effect.
>
> Why 20? Why not 22? Is this just an explain quirk?

I am not sure (also not sure i understand your example totally), but
at the same time could be as simple as the fact you have 2 prohibited
(MUST_NOT) clauses. These don't count towards coord()

I think its hard to tell from your description (just since it doesn't
have all the details). an explain or test case or something like that
would might be more efficient if its still not making sense...

--
lucidimagination.com