lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a higher-level layer above lucene
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:26:16 GMT
I really think you want to consider Solr.

First, it's pretty easy to incorporate your custom
analyzers as plugins.

Second, the "no cache filter" (see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2429)
was designed for ACL calculations. Using it
will also keep things like document counts
and facet counts accurate.

Third, you have a server/servlet environment
already, you're not introducing anything new.

Really, one of the things Solr does is abstract
the Lucene layer, while allowing you to still
do the under-the-cover things people often want
via plugins.

But to answer your question, no, there's no
simple abstraction layer over Lucene that I
know of OOB.

Best
Erick