lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kasun Perera <kas...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Weighted cosine similarity calculation using Lucene
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:30:18 GMT
Hi Erick

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just boost the
> terms in the fields at query time?

Yes I can boost the fields in the query time. But I'm using the
termFreqVector get term frequencies and then calculate the TFIDF values for
documents then calculate the cosine similarity using TFIDF.
The field.setboost() function will give NO effect on term Frequencies.
Is there anyother way to do the boosting that will give effect
on term-frequencies?

Thanks