lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hiren Shah <hiren.t.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query for "cache" mechanism to used
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 04:08:58 GMT
Hello Ivan
Thanks for the reply.

   1. I tried to use lucene .It stored the data on indexes on the hard
   disk.The search works well.How of the ehcache above lucene will help
   performane.
   2. Will Lucene used alone give better performance. *OR *Will ehcache
   used above Lucene give better performance?
   3. How to make ehcache above Lucene?Any help on it would be
   appreciated.I am using sql table to be stored as cache as i need to fire
   sql queries like on "multiple" fields.
   4.  One proble, i came across ehcahce was that for searchable API it
   does not allow disk overflow.API fails if i try to do it.So  if my data is
   500Mb and jvm memory is configured for it then it works fine.But if the
   data exceeds 500Mb then it cannot be cached.Is this not a major
   problem.is there any workaround on this?

Thanks
Hiren