lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: weird multifile problems
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 09:23:11 GMT
Hey, do you get multiple files per segment or multiple files per index?
The compoundfile system writes a .cfs file (and a .cfe file in trunk)
per segment. So if you are seeing multiple .cfs fiels Lucene is
actually doing what you want. If there are files like .fdt/fdx or
tii/tis then the segment is not using CFS. Yet, if you see multiple
CFS files then you have an index with more than one segment. Those
segments are written during indexing and merged together as the number
of segments grows which is just fine.

hope that helps.

simon