lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Akos Tajti <akos.ta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: two fields, the first important than the second
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:30:51 GMT
Jake,

we're already using index time boosts and tried querytime boosts earlier.
None of them helped. The problem was that if the description contained a
part of a multiterm query many many times it got higher score than the ones
that contained the terms in their title. So it is hard to set the boosts
such a way that they always work as expected. Or is there an easy solution
for that? Am I doing something wrong,

Ákos