lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Akos Tajti <akos.ta...@gmail.com>
Subject two fields, the first important than the second
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:12:46 GMT
Dear List,

we've been struggling the following problem for a while:
we have two fields: title and description. Title is generated from short
summaries while description is generated fromlong texts. We want to search
on both fields at the same time but we'd like to get all documents in which
the title matches the search term before all others. For multi term queries
we want to achieve the following: all documents that contain all terms in
their title must come before every other document, no matter how many times
the description matches the query. Is there a simple way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
Ákos Tajti