lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hill <p...@metajure.com>
Subject Query Rewrite - Utilities?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:28:21 GMT
Just thought I throw out a question.
What is available in the libraries to help with manipulating and asking questions about queries?
So far my best (and worst) efforts have involved combinations setting up a parser, generating
a query object, then looking through the various clauses and re-working, deleting, or using
what is there to
generate an enhanced query.

For example, what I am re-writing often involves the "simple terms" of the query (terms that
have no trick modifications like boost etc. or even field names; just the words).   I easily
wrote a method/class to find me such terms.
I also know about QueryParser.setAutoGeneratePhrase, but it isn't exactly what I need to do,
so I start doing my own manipulation.  It's then I look for other's efforts at utilities to
help in this area.

Am I missing some useful methods that I could use in analysis of a built query or a query
string or just other methods related to general area of 'enhancing' a user's query?

-Paul