lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Job] Search Engineer Lead at Sematext International
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:57:46 GMT
Hello,

If you've always wanted a full-time job working with Solr, ElasticSearch, or Lucene, we have
a position that is all about that, offers path to team leadership, and will expose a person
to a healthy mixture of engineering and business.  If you are interested, please send your
resume to jobs@sematext.com .

Otis

Sematext International is looking for a strong Search Engineer with interest and ability
to interact with clients and with potential to build and lead local and/or remote development
teams.  By “client-facing” we really mean primarily email, phone, Skype.

A person in this role needs to be able to:
    * design large scale search systems
    * have solid knowledge of either Solr or ElasticSearch or both
    * efficiently troubleshoot performance, relevance, and other search-related issues
    * speak and interact with clients

Pluses – beyond pure engineering:
    * ability and desire to expand and lead a development/consulting teams
    * ability to think both business and engineering
    * ability to build products based on observed client needs
    * ability to present in public, at meetups, conferences, etc
    * ability to contribute to blog.sematext.com
    * active participation in online search communities
    * attention to detail
    * desire to share knowledge and teach
    * positive attitude, humor, agility

Location: