lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with updating a document or TermQuery with current trunk
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:20:27 GMT
I think the issue is that your analyzer is standardanalyzer, yet field
text value is "value-1"

So standardanalyzer will tokenize this into two terms: "value" and "1"

But later, you proceed to do TermQueries on "value-1". This term won't
exist... TermQuery etc that take Term don't analyze any text.

Instead usually higher-level things like QueryParsers analyze text into Terms.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted a self-contained test case to github of a mystery.
>
> git://github.com/bimargulies/lucene-4-update-case.git
>
> The code can be seen at
> https://github.com/bimargulies/lucene-4-update-case/blob/master/src/test/java/org/apache/lucene/BadFieldTokenizedFlagTest.java.
>
> I write a doc to an index, close the index, then reopen and do a
> delete/add on the doc to add a field. If I iterate the docs in the
> index, all looks well, but when I try to query for the doc, it isn't
> found.
>
> To be a bit more specific, the doc has a field "field1" which is a
> StringField.TYPE_STORED, and it is a query on that field which comes
> up empty.
>
> I expect to learn that I've missed something obvious, and I offer
> thanks and apologies in advance.

lucidimagination.com