lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with updating a document or TermQuery with current trunk
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:35:38 GMT
I've posted a self-contained test case to github of a mystery.

git://github.com/bimargulies/lucene-4-update-case.git

The code can be seen at
https://github.com/bimargulies/lucene-4-update-case/blob/master/src/test/java/org/apache/lucene/BadFieldTokenizedFlagTest.java.

I write a doc to an index, close the index, then reopen and do a
delete/add on the doc to add a field. If I iterate the docs in the
index, all looks well, but when I try to query for the doc, it isn't
found.

To be a bit more specific, the doc has a field "field1" which is a
StringField.TYPE_STORED, and it is a query on that field which comes
up empty.

I expect to learn that I've missed something obvious, and I offer
thanks and apologies in advance.