lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to add DocValues Field to a document in an optimal manner.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:25:08 GMT
You shouldn't use doc.removeField -- it's costly (the fields are a
list internally so we walk that list looking for which field(s) to
remove).

To reuse you can just use Field.setValue, and leave the Field instance
on the Document.

But: you should only do this if you really have a meaningful
performance problem during indexing...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com