lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marten Deinum <mar...@deinum.biz>
Subject Combining Lucene Search Results and external Search
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:21:40 GMT
Hi All,

We've inherited an application which indexes a lot of data, recently we
added another source and indexing of this particular source takes about 2
to 3 weeks (which is a bit long). One of the main problems is that the only
API we have to harvest and index the data from that source is a search API.
Now I was wondering instead of harvesting and indexing this collection
ourselves would it be possible to incorporate the search results from that
source into our own search results. I was thinking it might be possible
with a RemoteSearchable (although that seems RMI based) or something along
that lines.

Kind Regards,
 Marten