lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Bogaert <boggu...@gmail.com>
Subject lots of .cfs (compound files) in the index directory
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:14:21 GMT
Hi,

We migrated our project to Lucene 3.5 and used the TieredMergePolicy with
all its defaults.
Our project contains a relatively small index (+-90MB) and gets small
writes every few seconds.
The behaviour we see is that when we reindex everything works great and
performant,
but when we keep the index running for some days we see a lot (+-3000) of
very small .cfs files (between 1KB and 10KB) are being generated and the
performance drops significantly.
Reïndexing solves the problem, but this shouldn't be the solution.

Is there a way to change the behaviour of the .cfs files. I noticed you can
fully disable it, but I read that this isn't adviced.

Kind regards,
Bogguard