lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Deb Lucene <deb.luc...@gmail.com>
Subject A key value field storing
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:20:51 GMT
Hi Group,

Sorry for cross posting!

We need to index a document corpus (news articles) with some meta data
features. The meta data are actually company names with some scoring (a
double, between 0 to 1). For example, two documents can be -

document 1
(some text - say a technical article from NY times). It comes with the
metadata like -
IBM - 0.5
Google - 0.9
Apple - 0.3

where 0.5, 0.9, 0.3 are some confidence scores for the company names.

Similarly, the document 2 is about some IT article and then the meta data
are like -
IBM - 0.6
Google - 0.1
Apple - 0.4

now we can index the documents based on the contents or the company names
easily. But here the problem is we need to create a "field" where the
company names and the scores are linked. So that we can search something
like -

query = where the "company name" (a field) is "IBM" and the scores of IBM
is > 0.5.
So in that case the document 2 will be retrieved.

I am wondering if anyone has ideas about using the company names and scores
(linked) together as a field.

Thanks in advance,

--d