lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.lucene.index.MultiFields.getLiveDocs(IndexReader) returning null.
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:10:45 GMT
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's no javadoc on here yet, and I am a little puzzled by the fact
> that it is returning null for me. Does that imply that there can't be
> any deleted docs known to the reader?

Right, see AtomicReader

  /** Returns the {@link Bits} representing live (not
   *  deleted) docs.  A set bit indicates the doc ID has not
   *  been deleted.  If this method returns null it means
   *  there are no deleted documents (all documents are
   *  live).
   *
   *  The returned instance has been safely published for
   *  use by multiple threads without additional
   *  synchronization.
   */
  public abstract Bits getLiveDocs();

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10