lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hill <>
Subject RE: More About NOT Optimizing
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:10:42 GMT
>  Uwe Schindler wrote:
> TieredMP is already the default in Lucene 3.5, unless you explicitely set another one!

I was going to add the detail that I was running 3.4 at the moment (I'm looking to upgrade
very soon) and thought
LogByteSizeMergePolicy was the default there, but I am wrong the actual code in IndexWriterConfig

   if (matchVersion.onOrAfter(Version.LUCENE_32)) {
      mergePolicy = new TieredMergePolicy();
    } else {
      mergePolicy = new LogByteSizeMergePolicy();

3.4 would be the TieredMergePolicy which means the in-house operational merge I saw was the
result of Tiered (running with default settings), not the result of LogByte.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message