lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grzegorz TaƄczyk <grzegorz.tanc...@polskastrefa.eu>
Subject Re: Re: BlockGroupingCollector, not always getting first document
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:22:06 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for reply, I can find first document from group using non
grouping search.

To be sure about this I deleted index and indexed only first 100 groups
which gives around 2300 documents and I see the problem on at least half
of groups.  No problem in finding first documents normally.
I noticed this problem first when I had indexed few thousands groups.

When I index everything(15k groups, which means around 200k documents,
commit every 500 groups) the problem is no more or at least I can't find
any group with non first document in scoreDocs[0]. I'm reindexing it
since morning, I will reindex it once again to be sure about this one.

I'm not Lucene internals expert, but maybe this problem is somehow
connected to segment merging?

Some additional info:

I'm using Lucene 3.5.0.

Sort:
public final static Sort SORT_ID = new Sort(new SortField("id_n",
SortField.INT));

Adding field to document:
doc.add(new NumericField("id_n", Store.NO, true).setIntValue(rs.getInt(1)));

(I checked how it works with Store.YES, it didn't change anything.)

I also call searcher.setDefaultFieldSortScoring(true, true) before
grouping search.

Calling optimize() also didn't help(but anyway I wouldn't use this
method even if it was the solution for this problem ;-) )

Index writer config has default settings.

For now I'm using workaround, but I'm looking forward to finding
solution of this problem.