lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dave Seltzer <dselt...@tveyes.com>
Subject RE: MemoryIndex "field must not be added more than once"
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:33:59 GMT
Thanks for your help Uwe. I've created an issue:

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe Schindler [mailto:uwe@thetaphi.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:39 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: MemoryIndex "field must not be added more than once"

Hi,

Can you open a bug report in JIRA about this? The IndexWriter/IndexReader
contract allows to add the same field several times (internally
concatenating, but with a positionIncrement gap). If you append the fields
before, phrase queries may behave differently.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen