lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Kaser <lucene_l...@iconparc.de>
Subject Document-Ids and Merges
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 07:29:11 GMT
Hi all,

I have a search application with 16 million documents that uses custom
scores per document using a ValueSource. These values are updated a lot
(and sometimes all at once), so I can't really write them into the index
for performance reasons. Instead, I simply have a huge array of float
values in memory and use the document ID as index in the array.
This works great as long as the index is not changed, but as soon as I
have a few new documents and deletions, index segments are merged (I
suppose) and the document IDs of existing documents change. Is there any
way to be informed when document IDs of existing documents change? If
so, is there a way to calculate the new document ID from the old one, so
I can "convert" my array to the new document IDs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Christoph