lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Prasad KVSH" <Prasad.Kokep...@ness.com>
Subject RE: Help on DOCX and XLSX
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 11:13:12 GMT
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Our documents will have the following common key information like

1. Document Type ID,
2. Document Date,
3. Document Author ID,
4. Document Status
5. Document Group ID.

While creating the indexing, we would like to add the above key values
along the content index. So that it will not read entire index and
search on Document Type ID  or Date Range.  Can we implement this
approach?

Currently search text is being performed on indexing, then we are
filtering the documents by reading document record from database table
for the above key values.

Thanks
Prasad

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Lea [mailto:ian.lea@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2012 4:03 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help on DOCX and XLSX

You'll have to find something that parses the formats you are interested
in and extracts the text you want.  Apache Tika comes to mind.

Why are you using such an old version of Lucene?  Why aren't you using
Solr?  That might just work for you out of the box.  See also
http://www.lucidimagination.com/devzone/technical-articles/content-extra
ction-tika

As for the size, I wouldn't worry about it.  Disk space is cheap.  If
you really do care, scan the FAQ at
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ.  Lots of useful info on
all sorts of things.

--