lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From kiwi clive <kiwi_cl...@yahoo.com>
Subject BlockJoinQuery Clarification
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:50:56 GMT
Hello

I've been looking at the BlockJoinQuery in Lucene 3.4.0 and would like to clarify my understanding.

Suppose we have a parent document that we index with (say) 4 child documents. My understanding
is that these go in as an atomic unit and allows us to query and join across the documents.

Now what say I wanted to update one of the child documents (only).  If the child document
was update with a standard update, I presume the join to the parent is broken. If I update
using a Collection, is it necessary to reindex all of the documents (4 children + pareent).

And finally, if I updated one child using a collection with the parent, would both of these
documents require reindexing and loose their affinity with other children ?

Thanks,
C,