lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hany Azzam <h...@eecs.qmul.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Filter and IndexSearcher in Lucene 4.0 (trunk)
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:58:34 GMT
See the question was so trivial that you actually missed it :)

The problem is that the docs are filtered (which is is great) but the stats (BasicStats) aren't,
i.e. the stats have been calculated over the whole index and not just a selected set of documents.
For example:

        Filter filter = new FieldCacheTermsFilter("QNO", queryNumber);
        searcher.search(qq, filter, collector);
	stats.getNumberOfDocuments();

I only want to consider certain docs per query. The filter achieves that in terms of matching
and the returned the results. However, the calculated score for each document has been calculated
using the stats over the whole index and not just the filtered documents. Is there a way to
calculate the stats only over the filtered documents?

I hope the problem is a bit clearer now.

Thank you.

h.