lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Francisco A. Lozano" <>
Subject Re: Join between indexes
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:56:18 GMT
Wow, thanks for pointing this out, didn't know such a feature was in progress.

I see a mention that there are some chances this will be released in
3.6... crossing my fingers :)

Francisco A. Lozano

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 17:09, Simon Willnauer
<> wrote:
> maybe this link will help:
> simon
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Arnon Mazza <> wrote:
>> Assume we have a Lucene index over which several types of analyses are performed.
>> Assume that the conclusions of some analysis require that new tokens be added
to existing documents in the index.
>> For example, a repeating pattern p (sequence of words) that appears in a large
part of the documents should be tagged in every document in its exact position.
>> Now it is required to execute proximity queries involving standard terms and also
the pattern p (e.g. find all documents in which the word "hello" is adjacent to the pattern
>> Is there a way of achieving this without re-indexing all the documents where the
pattern p was found ?
>> In other words, is it possible to maintain a separate index that would keep only
patterns->docIds/positions, and then join between the two indexes ?