lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TaxonomySearch & similar words?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 04:54:47 GMT
Hi Cheng,

You will need to use the exact path labels in order to get to the category
'Mark Twain', unless you index multiple paths from start, e.g.:
/author/American/Mark Twain
/writer/American/Mart Twain

The taxonomy index does not process the CategoryPath labels in anyway to
e.g. produce synonyms, but rather, keeps them as-is.

Another alternative is to write a simple module that at runtime will
replace author/writer by one value that you choose to store in the
taxonomy, an so your users will be able to count /author or /writer
interchangeably.

I prefer the second approach because it keeps the taxonomy small, which is
preferred at runtime (when facet counts are required).

Shai