lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Here a merge thread, there a merge thread ...
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:59:05 GMT
This is from ConcurrentMergeScheduler (the default MergeScheduler).

But, are you sure the threads are sleeping, not exiting?  (They should
be exiting).

This merge scheduler starts a new thread when a merge is needed,
allows that thread to do another merge (if one is immediately
available), else the thread exits.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com