lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ☼ 林永忠 ☼ (Yung-chung Lin) <>
Subject How to exclude words with overlapping patterns?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 01:30:40 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question. Is there a way to distinguish queries like 'hotel' and
'hotel restaurant', queries with overlapping patterns, effectively?
For example, if I want the search to return 'hotel' in the top 100 results
while 'hotel restaurant' results come after those of 'hotel', when I search
for 'hotel'.
But it returns 'hotel restaurant' in the top results with 'hotel' results
coming after the top results, when I search for 'hotel restaurant'.

Thank you very much.

Yung-chung Lin