lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Ferreira <psilvaferre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing 100Gb of readonly numeric data
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:18:24 GMT
Thanks Eric,

Yes, the limitations you pointed confirm my first feeling on it. Even
if it is doable with Solr or Lucene, I would have to go deep inside of
it to get the most out of it.

About my RDBMS issues... there are 2 reasons:

First, Im interested in this whole cloud crazyness. I love to work
with Azure, and try a different approach. In this case, I was thinking
in storing the data in Data Tables, and have several Indexers.

Then, while 100Gb is fine for a SQL server, if it grows to 200 or 300
Gb its becomes too expensive for a small open source project. On the
other hand, Data Tables in Azure are much more affordable. Still
expensive, but on another scale.