lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From KARTHIK SHIVAKUMAR <nskarthi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene-3.0.3
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:34:01 GMT
Hi

>>lucene-3.0.3 can be used for searching a text from

Lucene 's primary job is to do a text search.

May it be PDF/HTML/XML/MSword/PPT/XLS

U have to have the code for plugin to do 2 things

1) Strip text from either of the Documents (PDF/HTML/XML/MSword/PPT/XLS)
2) Index this processed text using Lucene

The indexed process can be later used for Searching thru the required
content.

;)
with regards
karthik