lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter in 3.5
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:09:24 GMT
Yes, this changed at some point.  In recent releases nothing is
written to the index unless you close(), or maybe commit(), the
writer.

--
Ian.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Ganesh <emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In 3.0.3 the following code works fine but in 3.5, it throws exception "No segments found".
In case of 3.0.3, Just creating writer will create files, segments.gen,  segments_1 and write.lock.
In case of 3.5, only write.lock is created.

> Create Index Writer
> Open Reader
> Add documents
>
> I need to do this. When the application starts, I have my writer and reader ready. I
have a thread which crawls the filesytem and adds it to index and another one performs search.
Is this intentional?