lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Praveen Yarlagadda <praveen.yarlaga...@gmail.com>
Subject too many boolean clauses
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 07:50:52 GMT
Hi all,

I have been using lucene with Hibernate to index the data. Each document is
indexed with two fields: id and content. Each document corresponds to a
record in the database. In my usecase, search needs to work like this:

1. Fetch records from the database based on some criteria
2. Search for the keywords only in the records found above

I am preparing the search query like this: +(content: (hello world)) +(id:
(234 235 899 534 345 898))

If the number of documents (in the identifier field) reaches more than
1024, search fails with "too many boolean clauses". I can't use range query.

Is there any other way to prepare the search query? How do I search for
keywords in select documents?

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Praveen