lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mete <efk...@gmail.com>
Subject prefix query works, term query does not
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:34:39 GMT
Hello,
I have a noobie question. I am trying to implement a small poc app.I have
lots of sharded indexes in a folder and i am trying to read them like this:
        MultiReader reader = new MultiReader(list.toArray(new
IndexReader[list.size()]));
        IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(reader,
Executors.newFixedThreadPool(6));

then i am getting the query from the command line and executing it like
this:
        QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_35,
"default-field", new StandardAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_35));
        Query q = parser.parse(query);

i dont have a default-field actually but i could not figure out what else
to put in there.

Anyway leys say i have an IP address in one of the fields, when i query it
like this:
ip=8.8.8.*
ip=8.8.8.8*
i am able to find it but when i query it with the exact value:
ip=8.8.8.8
there are no hits.

I am able to query it successfully on the same index using luke,

Does anyone have a pointer about what is it that i am doing wrong?

Cheers
Mete