lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Allan Hill <p...@metajure.com>
Subject RE: SweetSpotSimilarity
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:24:37 GMT
I'd love to hear what you find out.  I have been working with this also.
I only changed the sweet spot to a slightly larger range than the one in the original paper
(but kept the same steepness) and I tweaked the sloppy freq to not score multiple occurances
of a phrase as strong as the they are in the defaultSimilarity, by playing with sloppyFreq(distance).
hyperbolicTf() only comes into play if you override the tf method in your own subclass to
call it instead of the baselineTf which it normally calls.  I also didn't get what it was
trying to do.

-Paul

I am actually