lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Allan Hill <p...@metajure.com>
Subject RE: Please explain DisjunctionMaxQuery JavaDoc.
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 23:35:32 GMT

Oh my, the 1st problem is the class description discusses "tie breaking increment", but the
API says tie breaking multiplier.
Then wondering around in the code I find
DisjuncitonMaxScorer.score()
return scoreMax + (scoreSum - scoreMax) * tieBreakerMultiplier;
Which is upon examination IS " the score of each non-maximum disjunct for a document is multiplied
by this weight and added into the final score." As described in the c'tor of DisjunctionMaxQuery.
But what this has anything to do with any idea of a "tie" anywhere in this query I don't know.

-Paul