lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.5.0
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 09:56:19 GMT
Thanks Ian.

>>The deprecation warning in the javadocs says "Please pass an ExecutorService to IndexSearcher,
instead" so I'd do that.
I may need to use IndexSearcher(Reader, ExecutorService). I have sharded my index. Say if
i have 10 indexes then i will have 10 IndexSearchers. How to use this API. It takes one Reader
and ExecutorService.

What about using IndexSearcher(ParallelReader)?

>>Regarding optimization?
I have sharded to multiple small indexes (in a single system). This helps to do faster indexing.
I have updates every couple of minutes and the updates will go in latest shard. All shards
will be optimized per day. If lucene performs well in searching multiple segment then i don't
need to go for shards. I could very well use single index and don't optimize it. Whether it
will impact search? Previous releases perform better in optimized indexes. What about 3.5.0?

Regards
Ganesh