lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dheeraj Kv <dheera...@aol.com>
Subject Apache Lucene file search
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 07:40:22 GMT
Hi
        I learnt about Lucene from google and i thought of implementing it my company.
I don't want to use Lucene as a web search application. I have a large backup storage and
which consists of html file, doc files and pdf files.
I need to search inside a file as well as search for file names. For that purpose I thought
I will try Lucene. I m not good in JAVA.
I installed  it on the server and it worked me for normal search  inside the files, but  found
out that file name search is not supported.
Also it takes the same amount of time for making the index and updating the index of the same
directory.
Can you put some light on it. I used IndexFiles and SearchFiles APIsfor this purpose.
Commands I used was:

Indexing
java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -index /mnt1 -docs /Documents

Searching
java org.apache.lucene.demo.SearchFiles -index /mnt1

Regards

Dheeraj KV