lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Damerian <dameria...@gmail.com>
Subject QueryParser strange behavior
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2012 06:37:46 GMT
Hello!

I have a small issue with the QueryParser in my program.
It uses my custom filter to Parse its queries, but i get unexpexted
results from when i am having an input from the keyboard
To illustrate
the code :
Analyzer myAnalyzer = new ProperNameAnalyzer();
       Query query = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_CURRENT,
                                   "content",
                                   myAnalyzer).parse("Jesus Christ");
     //assertEquals(1, TestUtil.hitCount(searcher, query));
     System.out.println("With ProperNameAnalyzer, Jesus Christ parses to
" +
                                          query.toString("content")+ "
query: " +query);

will produce the following (expected ) output:
With ProperNameAnalyzer, "Jesus Christ" parses to "Jesus Christ" query:
contents:"Jesus Christ"

Although with a small addition of keyboard iinteraction:
  BufferedReader in = null;
String line = in.readLine();
Query query = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_CURRENT,
                                   "contents",
                                   analyzer).parse(line);
  System.out.println("With ProperNameAnalyzer, Jesus Christ parses to " +
                                          query.toString("contents")+ "
query: " +query);

Will produce the incorrect and unexpected output:
With ProperNameAnalyzer, "Jesus Christ" parses to Jesus Christ query:
contents:Jesus contents:Christ

Any  ideas why this may happen?
Thanks in advance!