lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: When does Query Parser do its analysis ?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 23:45:43 GMT
On 01/02/2012 22:03, Robert Muir wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Paul Taylor<paul_t100@fastmail.fm>  wrote:
>> So it seems like it just broke the text up at spaces, and does text analysis
>> within getFieldQuery(), but how can it make the assumption that text should
>> only be broken at whitespace ?
> you are right, see this bug report:

I've voted on it, although reading the Hoss Mans reply I understand the
issue.

In my particular case I add album catalogsno to my index as a keyword
field , but of course if the cat log number contains a space as they
often do (i.e. cad 6) there is a mismatch. Ive now changed my indexing
to index the value as 'cad6' removing spaces. Now if the query sent to
the query parser is just

cad 6

  there is the issue that it breaks them up into two separate fields ,
but I thought it that if the query sent to the parser was

"cad 6"

then the complete string would be passed using the analyzer , but it
doesn't seem to quite work, it creates a TermQuery instead of a
PhraseQuery , yet the explain shows the query to have the value

catno:cad 6

rather than

catno:cad6

and I dont get a match, what does that mean ?

Paul