lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject When does Query Parser do its analysis ?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:32:44 GMT
So I subclass Query Parser and give it query

dug up

then debugging shows it calls getFieldQuery(String field, String
queryText, boolean quoted) twice
once with

queryText=dug

and one with

queryText=up

but then when I run it with query dúg up the first call is

queryText=dúg

even though the analyser I use remove accents

So it seems like it just broke the text up at spaces, and does text
analysis within getFieldQuery(), but how can it make the assumption that
text should only be broken at whitespace ?
This seemed to be confirmed that when i pass it query 'dug/up' it just
passes it as one string, but then its seems to get converted to 'dug up'
within the getFieldQuery()

Sorry I don't get it.

Paul