lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peyman Faratin <pey...@robustlinks.com>
Subject SweetSpotSimilarity
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:40:26 GMT
Hi

I have a noobie question. I am trying to use the SweetSpotSimilarity (SSS) class.

http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_5_0/api/contrib-misc/org/apache/lucene/misc/SweetSpotSimilarity.html

I understand the scoring behavior of Lucene

http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/3_5_0/api/all/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html

And I am aware that SweetSpotSimilarity resulted from this paper

http://trec.nist.gov/pubs/trec16/papers/ibm-haifa.mq.final.pdf

However, I was wondering if there was a resource that explained (and gave examples) of how
SSS works and what each parameter (hyperbolic, etc) means. I know this is a Lucene list but
I am actually trying to use SSS in solr. I am aware of SOLR-1365 patch that makes configuring
SSS easier (in the schema.xml)

but I am having trouble understanding what some of the 13 parameters are and how they map
to SSS.

Thank you

Peyman